Sunday, April 24, 2005

Blogging & RSS

How many of you have noticed that most blogs consist of mainly links to other blogs? Which usually have links to other blogs, et cetera until you actually come to a blog that has some original content. This has been one of the key reasons for not blogging in the general sense but since e-mail is starting to be a sad media format for this sort of information delivery, I thought to finally listen to my readers and whip up my very own blog.

Since then, I've already found the world of blogging to be a rather elaborate place where thoughts are spread far and wide. But since a million other blogs are filling the ether with their own rambling, (many of you are very good though) there are easy ways to get lost.

Well, in comes RSS the Really Simple Syndication which surprisingly offers syndication really simply. Who would have thought that in 2005 there would be something simple. I won't go too deep with RSS since you can go google yourself. Still, eWeek had an interesting article regarding how RSS feeds are penetrating the corporate and social networks in a different way.

Read the eWeek article

I've been using RSS feeds for soothing my information hunger for a long time already and while the readers have been developed (I think readers are more effective than, say, reading through your browser - I like Firefox and it's live bookmarks though.) the sites are still lagging on the development. I would appreciate seeing more personalized data available with decent filters.

So, send e-mail to sites and ask that they incorporate RSS feeds to their sites if you see that necessary. That's what I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home