Monday, December 05, 2005

Go out once in a while!

Do you remember when we were kids and our parents told us to go out because we were spending too much time with the computer? (I'm guessing that those kids like me and my friends are also the ones reading blogs.) Little they knew, that we would more or less be making our money by using computers. I think that this trend has been always existing, before computers the kids watched too much videos, before that too much television, before that it was probably too much books. Probably in the stone age there was a kid, who wanted to stay in the cave and just paint cave paintings and his parents were grunting him to go out and practice mammoth killing.

I'm sure that we will be just the same. But because it seems like computers are here to stay and most of the people I know are using computers several hours per day. I - being a nerd, am using my Powerbook constantly. It's my morning news paper and my source of TV series, it's my work horse and it's my communications tool, it's my gaming machine and a tool for creativity. Seeing as my bride is also fluent with computers, I see us using computers quite a lot in a possible future where we have children - meaning that we would be quite hypocritical to send our kids out in the blizzard outside. Although, now that I think about it, my parents were watching just as much TV as I was when I was a kid, and they still pushed me outside :).

Of course, I spent my youth playing basketball 5-6 times a week, meaning that I was usually pretty tired and didn't have much interest in doing any extra exercising and now I can say thank god I spent a lot of time with computers.

Well, let's see what the future holds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home