Thursday, January 05, 2006

Cheek to cheek

Yo.

Seems like things are progressing as planned or even better. That's something new. Though, it's funny how people generally complain that they can't get a job due to the fact that they don't have experience or education or neither, wherein I'm in limbo due to the fact that I have "too much" of both. Without education or experience you can always get a job doing whatever or go study so you could gain those two. By limbo I mean the fact that with great power comes great responsibility, and with those two come demands of what I want to do for a living. When I find something I'd like to do, the other side of the table usually think that I'm "too good" (oh the irony) for the job as they expect that I'd get bored too quickly.

This might be the case with some black sheep in the fast-lane of hyperactivity we call the world today, but I have no quarrels of doing simpler things as I've always been resourceful and proactive enough to keep myself busy. Still, it's pretty hard to deliver this message to the other side of the table when they only see your CV and a dazzling show of talent, which is called the interview. It's not like this is something new to me, I've been in this limbo for the past 4 years while growing my education and experience constantly - this means that pretty much the only way for a guy like me to get a job is to know people, who hire or know people, who know people.

Speaking of knowing people, comes an issue that we have been discussing quite a lot with my friends and my beautiful bride: Efficiency thinking when meeting people. I can't help but evaluate people I know and meet on whether they are or might be relevant to me or my future. If not, I rarely spend too much time with them, which is kind of sad but on the other hand I just don't have time to please everybody I meet and as the saying goes - life is too short to spend with assholes.

(I'm writing this while eating an orange, hope my keyboard doesn't get all sticky. Yuck.)

On a lighter note, saw Sahara last night - again one of those movies on which spending the few buckaroos for the theatre experience is just not worth it. However, I was amused by it - Steve Zahn is a funny guy and Matt McConaughey has the greatest smile. Penelope Cruz's accent is quite annoying, but thank god she keeps mainly screaming instead of talking in the movie, so that' s a relief. Also it was really refreshing to see a movie with very little product placements after the Island's product placement orgy .

I think that's enough for today, probably be back tomorrow - later dudes and dudettes.

np: Without Moral Restraint from the album "Reasoning the Impossible" by Chimaira

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home