Monday, February 13, 2006

A Trashed Rose

Mental imagery. While working in the advertisement and marketing industry, I've had the opportunity to see great ads and beautiful messages, strong messages - powerful messages. But still, there are a few things that are just so elemental and iconic. Think of a single rose in a trash can. Just a single rose. Why is it there? Is it dead? Have there been any holidays that usually deserve roses? Are there any places that would have roses close by? Was it left by a man or a woman? Was it left in anger or in love? The best image doesn't only answer questions, but gives more of them.

Still sick, I was driven home from work - understandably. I sound like Lance Henriksen (You know, Frank Black from Millennium or the android from Alien). Now I'm lying in the bed, listening to the Engadget podcast and doing a presentation about marketing. My brain is having big difficulties multitasking stuff at the moment. Which is why I'll not babble any further, but will continue doing something that does not require thinking.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home